Look! Dumbo is going the wrong way!
Actually, Dumbo is just reversing decades of flying in counter-clockwise circles. Call it “unwinding,” if you will. And in a new location within Magic Kingdom.
Guests will board Dumbo the Flying Elephant from the lovable critter’s left side — like mounting a horse … and unlike the way guests hop aboard for a whirl at Disney parks on three continents. It is scheduled to begin happening in early 2012 when select experiences in the Storybook Circus neighborhood of New Fantasyland debut just northeast of Mad Tea Party.
When Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom premieres in early 2012, Merlin the magician will recruit guests as apprentice sorcerers to undertake missions to subdue the “baddies” in what Disney Imagineering calls an “immersive role-playing adventure.”
Armed with what appear to be nothing more potent than cards, guests engage with villains at special locations throughout the park. But the fact is: The cards have magic powers players can use in their quest to defeat the villains.
Blooms, Baseball and more
Several popular events return to Walt Disney World Resort in early 2012. Here’s a snapshot:
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV is a spring special event filled with Disney character topiaries, a colorful array of flowers, gardens, live music and special presentations. The 19th edition will burst into full bloom March 7, 2012, and continued through May 20, 2012. More information is available online at disneyworld.com/flowerandgarden.
- Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in February 2012 for their 15th season of spring training at Walt Disney World Resort, including a schedule of “Grapefruit League” games in March at 9,500-seat Champion Stadium. For more information, guests can visit www.espnwwos.com or call 407/939-GAME.
- Every mile is filled with Disney fun at the 2012 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA on Jan. 5-8, 2012. It is a weekend of races that are both magical and memorable, climaxed by the 19th Disney Marathon through all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The weekend also features a half marathon and Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo. More information is available at www.rundisney.com.
- Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend on Feb. 24-26, 2012, brings women of all ages together to participate in a magical event designed just for them. The Disney Princesses are the inspiration for the weekend’s events and will focus on the attributes every princess possesses: commitment, courage, determination, fantasy, perseverance, and strength. The weekend includes the signature 13.1-mile run through Magic Kingdom and Epcot plus a family 5K, kids’ races and Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo. More information is available at www.rundisney.com.
- The fifth class of Disney’s Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey and Essence Magazine will be in session March 8-11, 2012, when 100 high school students from across America converge on Walt Disney World Resort for a stimulating and inspiring extended weekend of special events, immersive educational workshops, personal enhancement and professional enrichment. More information is available www.disneysdreamersacademy.com.
SO.....Spring is a great time of year to visit Walt Disney World! Start planning your best and favorite vacation today!!
NOW Let's go PLAN!!