Disney’s Magic Your Way Empowers Guests to Create Their Own Personally Customized Vacation Tickets
The innovative Magic Your Way ticket plan at Walt Disney World Resort truly empowers guests to create their own tickets for a personally customized vacation.
Guests can tailor tickets to include one to 10 days of theme park visits and add options of their choosing – such as Park Hopper, admission to Disney attractions and experiences outside the theme parks, and non-expiration.
“Whether ordering a computer, a car or a cup of coffee, people want things customized to fit their individual needs,” said Al Weiss, president, Worldwide Operations, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “Walt Disney World guests have that same ability to customize their dream vacation by creating a ticket that is just right for them.”
The pricing structure of Magic Your Way includes savings that increase as the guest stays longer. The value of the option that provides admissions to attractions and experiences outside the theme parks also increases on tickets for longer stays.
Here are some of the notable features of the ticket plan:
- The Base Ticket provides admission to one Walt Disney World theme park on one day. The parks a guest can choose among are: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The Base Ticket may be purchased for one to 10 days.
- The per-day cost of admission decreases in steps when multi-day tickets are purchased. For instance, a four-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket costs less than 75% of the price of four one-day tickets purchased individually. Per-day cost of a seven-day ticket is less than 45% of the price of seven one-day tickets. And with a 10-day ticket, per-day cost is less than 33% of an equivalent number of admissions using one-day tickets.
- The days the ticket is used for admission do not need to be consecutive.
- Magic Your Way tickets expire 14 days after initial use unless the No Expiration option has been added to the ticket.
- The No Expiration option is available on tickets for two days or more. It simply means that unused admissions on a ticket have no expiration date. The cost is based on the number of days on the original ticket – not on the number of unused days – and the cost increases in uneven steps to as much as $213 (on a 10-day ticket).
- The Park Hopper option allows the guest to visit more than one park a day. The price of the feature is fixed (currently $54) whether Park Hopper is added to a one-day ticket or a 10-day ticket.
- Some potential benefits of Park Hopper: (1) taking advantage of the Extra Magic Hours program, which provides Disney resort hotel guests with exclusive time each day in a designated Disney park either before or after regular park operating hours; (2) doing a “sampling” of Disney park experiences during a short visit; or (3) revisiting favorites in several parks “for one more ride” later in a long vacation.
- The Water Park Fun & More option entitles a guest to visit a choice of gated Walt Disney World entertainment and recreation venues – currently Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, DisneyQuest indoor interactive “theme park,” Disney’s Oak Trail golf course, and Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex.
- The price of the Water Park Fun & More option is fixed (currently $54), but the number of admissions available to the guest is determined by the number of days on the Base Ticket. Added to a two-day through 10-day ticket, the option provides a similar number of visits to the guest’s choice of Water Park Fun & More experiences. On a one-day Magic Your Way ticket, the Water Park Fun & More option provides two admissions to the guest’s choice from among the experiences.
- A guest more than recoups the cost of the Water Park Fun & More option by using it for two adult admissions to any combination of Blizzard Beach (regular one-day ticket is $46), Typhoon Lagoon ($46), DisneyQuest ($42) and Oak Trail golf course ($38).
- Water Park Fun & More considerations: Guests decide which gated attraction(s) they will visit (e.g., if they have five admissions available and love DisneyQuest, they can visit DisneyQuest five times); and the period for use is 14 days from when the Magic Your Way ticket is first used (unless the No Expiration option has been purchased).