6 great things to do your first day at Disney World
So you arrive around lunch time and don’t have tickets until the following day. What could you possibly do at Disney World to entertain your children until they get to see Mickey?
There are literally hundreds of things you could do but we have narrowed it down to just 6, in no particular order:
- Plan a first night dinner show. Disney has several really good shows that you can take in that you wouldn’t necessarily want to take park touring time out for. At Fort Wilderness you have 2 of them. The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard Barbeque. The Hoop Dee Doo is shown nightly, sometimes with 2 seating’s. The barbeque is only offered certain nights during the week so make sure you check the times. Another great choice is the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show at the Polynesian Resort. This luau inspired show gives you great Hawaiian culture and food while getting you ready to tour your favorite parks
- Dinner at Ohanas in the Polynesian and watch the fireworks from their beach. We love doing this!!
- Downtown Disney has lots of shopping, dining and street entertainment. Depending on the time of year you might have special events taking place too. There is even a bowling alley and movie theater!
- Circue du Soleil is truly amazing and a show you need to see at least once. It is located at Downtown Disney and is an additional ticket but well worth the admission. You could do dinner and the show!
- If you are visiting during the Holidays we love to tour the resorts to see the different decorations. The Deluxe resorts are especially gorgeous and will be decked out from November until January but you can also visit to see the fall decorations that go up in September!
- The water parks are open year round! It would be an excellent time to give them a try. Make sure you have them added to your package as “waterpark & more” feature because it could save you half the admission to the waterpark alone!
There are virtually hundreds more we could go over but these are my top picks. There is something to be said for just getting to your resort and relaxing by the pool and getting yourself ready for the adventurous fun week ahead!
Check with us in the weeks to come for great Spring Break ideas and Winter trip posts!!